Consistent punctuation oddities

Lynne Murphy m.l.murphy at SUSSEX.AC.UK
Tue Apr 29 20:08:28 UTC 2008

My French students put spaces before commas and periods.  I wonder if
French word-processors treat the space as non-breaking?

Lynne

Dr M Lynne Murphy
Senior Lecturer in Linguistics and English Language
Arts B135
University of Sussex
Brighton BN1 9QN

phone: +44-(0)1273-678844
http://separatedbyacommonlanguage.blogspot.com

--On Monday, April 28, 2008 7:04 pm -0400 Herb Stahlke