URGENT antedating needed: "the race card" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Fri Aug 1 20:21:56 UTC 2008

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

DAVID NYHAN\ AN AGE VS. YOUTH TEST
Boston Globe - July 22, 1982
Author: DAVID NYHAN [Op-ED section, page # unknown, from Newsbank
"America's Newspapers" database]

"This year Stennis voted for the Voting Rights Bill for the first time
in his career. Though he's been a traditional foe of civil rights laws
for nearly four decades, he never played the race card like Jim
Eastland, his fellow senator who retired after 36 years in the Senate. "

[letter to editor] "Huey Long Revisited " by HARRY LAZER   _The
Washington Post_  Washington, D.C.: Jan 13, 1989
p A20, col 5 [proquest historical newspapers]

[about Huey Long]
"But he cannot be accused  of playing the race card or yelling "nigger."
"