Defending the language with bullets: If you can read this in English, thank a soldier

Marc Velasco marcjvelasco at GMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 3 04:15:54 UTC 2008

Should I thank the revolutionary soldiers who defended us against the
tyrannical forces of British English, or the bluecoats who defended us
against the excessive use of "y'all" and "ma'am" found in the Southern
dialect?