story of english/american tongues

Timothy C Frazer tcf2 at COMCAST.NET
Sun Aug 3 17:50:05 UTC 2008

from: tcf2 at comcast.net
I would like to know of someplace within a day's drive of Concord, NH, where I could borrow or rent a copy of the PBS series "The Story of English" and also of "American Tongues."  I am doing a presentation soon to an entirely lay audience of senior citizens, and there is material in both of these I would like to use.

I did have copies of both of these, but a lot of stuff got lost when I moved to NH from Illinois.
The closest university to me is Dartmouth, but they don't have these in their inventory, and they also don't let people who aren't on staff borrow AV materials.  (Actually, I am closer to Plymouth State but so far I have not had much luck with their online catalogue).

Thanks for your suggestions.
Tim Frazer
27 Piscataqua Road
Concord NH 03301