Kenneth Starr & Stanley Fish Quotes

Thu Aug 7 20:57:59 UTC 2008

I assume that Stanley was exempting sex with farm animals and keeping students in cages. But he really made such pronouncements. He also once said to me, "So Professor X is arrogant. But tell me something BAD about her!"

------Original Message------
From: Cohen, Gerald Leonard
Sender: ADS-L
To: ADS-L
ReplyTo: ADS-L
Sent: Aug 7, 2008 3:55 PM
Subject: Re: [ADS-L] Kenneth Starr & Stanley Fish Quotes

I assume these quotes originated in the entertainment industry, where they seem to have some validity, but it sounds very odd coming from the chairman of a university department.  All of us in academia know at least one or two examples of absolutely terrible publicity involving university faculty or perhaps administrators.

Gerald Cohen