PREP-addition

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 8 03:02:51 UTC 2008

The first 10 hits are all PERSON [be]  bestowed with HONOR.

Although now that I take a 2nd look, these are all headlines. (Add an
"e"...) Headlinese is different from even the same article's prose.

Commodore Best bestowed with Venezuelan honour : Stabroek News

The Biodesign Institute: Rittmann bestowed with top civil ...

Former Buckeye QB Rex Kern Bestowed With College Football's ...

Law, Eh? Canadian Law School: Doctoral student bestowed with award ...

Seven Women of Troy Bestowed with All-Academic Honors :: Juniors ...

Mrinal Sen bestowed with Osian's lifetime achievement award ...

Madhuri Dixit bestowed with Padma Shri Award - Show No. 110 ...

Hydra Properties CEO Dr. Al Fahim bestowed with 'Outstanding ...

Two Juniors Bestowed With Highest Academic Honor at Holy Cross ...

Rocker Bestowed With Best Beard Award - Spinner.com

Several of these are probably from non-natives -- #6-8 at least -- but
most give no reason to think so.

m a m