Heard on the Olympics broadcast

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Sun Aug 10 19:41:22 UTC 2008

I heard, in a movie televised a few days ago, a woman complain
that the cold was "freezing [her] nuts off."
I thought she it was an odd turn of phrase, but perhaps she
was an Olympian athlete, or a wannabe.

Poster:       Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Heard on the Olympics broadcast
------
Karch Karalyi, commenting upon the American womens's beach-volleyball team:

"Her partner, [Nicole Branagh], is a real _stud_!"

I'm truly amazed and greatly pleased that the campaign to mess with
Sasquatch, as it were, and erase the last few traces of inherent
genderism from the English language has begun to bear such delicious
fruit.

Perhaps now is the time to project the campaign outward to such
languages as Russian. I can recall how shocked and disgusted we were
when, at the Army Language School, there were revealed to us such
examples of genderism as the fact that one is not permitted by the
grammar of Russian to say

*Ona (= Feminine) khoroshaia (= Feminine) chelovek "She [is a] nice person"

Rather, one *must* say:

Ona khoroshii (= Masculine) chelovek (= Masculine)

despite the fact that the subject is Feminine! What kind of shit is that?!

-Wilson
-----
 -Sam'l Clemens