"Business takes Vi[z]a"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 17 16:31:40 UTC 2008

"Visa" as pronounced by their current voice-over guy. I'd been
beginning to fear that I would never hear the correct, i.e. the one
that I use, pronunciation, again. BTW, what's up with these
mirror-image pronunciations?

My wife and probably millions of other Easterners says Vi[s]a,
Eli[s]e, Li[s]a, We[z]ley, but Le[s]ley, etc., whereas I say, with
many millions of non-Easterners, Vi[z]a, Eli[z]e, Li[z]a, We[s]ley,
but Le[z]ley, etc.

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain