Say what? It must be catching!

Tue Aug 19 02:27:40 UTC 2008

I suspect this is NOT

"I'm a" > "Umma"

But rather

"I'm-uh-nuh" > "I'm-nuh" > "Um-nuh" > "Um-uh"

Perfectly normal Yankee white boy sandhi reduction.
------Original Message------
From: Wilson Gray
To: ADS-L
ReplyTo: ADS-L
Sent: Aug 18, 2008 6:52 PM
Subject: [ADS-L] Say what? It must be catching!

Tom Brady, New England Patriots quarterback, on Boston local news:

"_Umma_ do my best to be in shape when the season begins"

as opposed to the expected

"_Mgunna_ do my best ..."

Well, it is known that he and Randy Moss, his favorite pass-catcher,
hang out together a lot, even off the field. :-)

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain