anise

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Wed Aug 20 20:34:04 UTC 2008

Accounts of the unfortunate naming of young Shithead abound in (and from) countless locales (all of them also "absolutely true")--along with the naming of the twin girls Lemonjello [l@ 'man j@ lo] and Orangejello, and the lad Nosmo King (from a sign glimpsed in the hospital maternity ward). The jokes often have a racist component--perhaps an unintended tribute the greater freedom in African American naming practices.

--Charlie