co-patient

David Bergdahl dlbrgdhl at GMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 23 21:33:16 UTC 2008

The other day I saw the term "co-patient" on the American Brain Tumor
Association site -- a funny new term for "caregiver" which Judy and I
laughed about. [My wife had a craniotomy to remove her tumor in April and is
recovering now] But, more ominously, in googling the term today I find that
as well as "fellow sufferer" we're also said to be liable for depression and
other detrimental effects of caregiving as well, and so deserve to be
'doctored' [as Appalachians say] along with the patient!  Quite outrageous I
thought!