"to kill people and break things"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Aug 25 00:32:21 UTC 2008

1993 USENET: Somolia - soc.history (Oct. 13)[http://groups.google.com/group/soc.history/msg/afdaa0ab181eed1c]: The purpose of the military is to kill people and break things (I know that's what Rush says - he's quoting somebody but I don't know who.)

I must have heard this quote two dozen times on TV (my guess is only since 2001) and maybe even seen a bumper sticker.

So it's a proverb. Almost always pro- killing and breaking.

JL