Cher effect (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mon Aug 25 23:14:38 UTC 2008

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I had no idea it was to correct Cher's pitch.  I thought it was simply
some studio post-processing to make her voice sound like a voder/vocoder
(see also  Peter Frampton "Do you Feel Like I do" from _Frampton Comes
Alive_.  I seem to recall ELO experimenting with the effect in the
1970's -- "Mr Blue Sky")