vendettily?

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 28 20:09:11 UTC 2008

If we actually saw/heard  "when she spoke to me with a vendetta" I'd
consider it a variation on "with a vengeance", influenced by the
semantic similarity as well as the phonetic one... both due to
etymology. But Google doesn't help: hits for "with a vendetta", even
if you exclude mentions of the movie "V for Vendetta", are
overwhelmingly "a NP with a vendetta [against ...]".

--
Mark Mandel