Chinglish and childishness

Scot LaFaive slafaive at GMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 30 03:02:54 UTC 2008

>Nonsense.  Complex morphophonetics of USA English?  You've got to be
kidding.  Look at any dicitonary phonetic guide.  What's so complex about
that.  They could all be writing systems if so designed, as truespel is.
 And as such would be perfect alphabetic systems. They are putting symbols
to sounds in a consistent way.  That's the alphabetic system.

>The problem is that one spelling cannot reflect all dialects.  Also
dialects and pronunciations change, thus spelling too must change, but it
doesn't.

If this isn't reason to hit IGNORE, I don't know what is. I hope I can
commit to that in the future.

Scot