ADS-L Digest - 29 Nov 2008 to 30 Nov 2008 (#2008-335)

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 1 18:03:56 UTC 2008

I think it's fairly common in the British Isles. In the song
"Archetype Cafe", by the English singer-songwriter Talis Kimberly, the
refrain is "And the Ladies' Historic Society meets down Archetype Cafe
at midnight", and I've heard/read it in other eastpondian sources.

Googling "down the corner" gives mostly hits for an art film from
Ireland (and "paint down the corner", etc.)

Mark Mandel