Further minor Antedating of "Linguistic" (adj)

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Dec 2 12:09:28 UTC 2008

Isn't the 1856 date for the adjective?  The noun (The science of
languages; philology.    a. sing) dates from 1837.

Antedating for linguistic (adj).  OED 1856-.

Weekly Eagle, published as The Semi-Weekly Eagle; Date: 04-02-1849;
Volume: II; Issue: 68; Page: [2]; Location: Brattleboro, Vermont [EAN].

This linguistic entertainment soon grew irksome to the impatient
Spaniard, and the conference speedily terminated.

Joel