"Can / May I ask you a question?"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 8 01:08:03 UTC 2008

My original post was not intended as a potentially-major contribution
to the field deserving of serious discussion. I meant only to note
that requests for permission that entail the commission of the act for
which permission is being requested, so that refusal of permission is,
in some very trivial sense, excluded, are a pet peeve of mine.

-Wilson

-----
-Mark Twain