interesting metaphor

Marc Velasco marcjvelasco at GMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 9 18:53:09 UTC 2008

alternate hypothesis

one possibility is that a dominant foot for standing/jumping (the chocolate
foot) is not the same as a dominant foot in terms of coordination/shooting.

right-footed/right-handed people tend to jump off of their left foot (making
the left the chocolate foot).  this naturally means their chocolate foot
will not be their favored shooting foot.  van Persie's case would be exactly
the opposite, since he's a lefty.