Wednesday 10 December: "Day Without a Gay"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Dec 9 20:53:57 UTC 2008

Some are harder to contexualize than others:  "call in gasless"?
There's also, in a related snowclone", "stage an X-out" (< sick-out,
I assume based on walk-out), such as staging a gay-out or queer-out.
(Too close to outing?)  And there's always the blue flu for police
job actions, although I don't know if that's sponsored snowclones,
given the rhyme factor.  Hair stylists  staging a do-flu?  Tiger-cage
cleaners putting on a zoo-flu?  Underpaid rabbis organizing
for...well, you get the idea.

LH