A "twofer"

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 25 23:02:23 UTC 2008

The cartoon character's before my time.

Your post sent me to M-W Online. I've always known of the theater
definition (#2), but the others were new to me. Your example looks
like an extension of #3.

two·fer
Etymology: alteration of two for (one)
Date:1885
1: a cheap item of merchandise ; especially : a cigar selling at two
for a nickel
2: a free coupon entitling the bearer to purchase two tickets to a
specified theatrical production for the price of one
3: two articles available for the price of one or about the price of one
4: something that satisfies two criteria or needs simultaneously
Mark Mandel