Heard on The Judges: embedded question

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 29 19:41:31 UTC 2008

Spoken by a twenty-ish Latin woman:

"In the boxing world, everybody _knows who's Belinda_, but nobody
_knows who's Rashim_."

Most people used to say, "... knows who Belinda is." However, I've
heard the "... knows who's Belinda" type spoken by so many people of
every race, creed, color, country of origin, and sexual orientation
that the standard "... knows who Belinda is" is beginning to sound
like pedantry occasionally used by academics.

-Wilson
–––
-----
-Mark Twain