"Q: "show me out [something]" = show to me?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Feb 8 19:36:31 UTC 2008

The work is _Saul, a Mystery_ (1845; NY and Hartford), by Arthur
Cleveland Coxe.  I don't know much yet about the scope of the whole
play (it is online, in Google Books).  There is a Wikipedia
"stub-class" article on Coxe, saying he was a (northeastern) American
and apparently-Anglican cleric; and he certainly wrote a lot.  In
_Saul_, I would expect some "Biblical" language -- whatever Coxe took
as his model.

Joel