New word? / technical term?

Tue Feb 12 14:41:42 UTC 2008

On Feb 12, 2008, at 6:13 AM, Joanne Despres wrote:

> Having had a little experience editing radio scripts, I can tell you
> that an "outro" is the concluding paragraph of the script.  The term
> is formed by analogy with "intro."
>

> On 11 Feb 2008, at 20:44, Wilson Gray wrote:
>
>> http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/26149/sound-studio-monbot%3a-bookend-audio
>>
>> [P]lugin adds an -intro_ and [an] _outro_ to an audio [file].
>>
>> I'm not hip enough to this stuff to know what an "outro" is.

let's go back over 40 years to the wonderful track "Intro and Outro"
on the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band's debut album Gorilla (released October
1967).  the band members are introduced one by one on their
instruments, then a series of increasing unlikely musicians (Adolf
Hitler on vibes, for example), with J. Arthur Rank on gong as the outro.

read all about it on the wikipedia page:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonzo_Dog_Doo-Dah_Band

arnold