the "pimp" chronicles (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 12 22:41:49 UTC 2008

Tarnation! I was was hoping that my definition would be a hapax. Oh,
well. What can you do?

What I'd like to know is why no one today appears satisfied with the
traditional terms that were used in the good old days, back in the
'Sixties, when people still used slang terms and technical terms in
their proper meanings. ;-)

-Wilson

On Feb 12, 2008 4:44 PM, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC <Bill.Mullins at us.army.mil> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       "Mullins, Bill AMRDEC" <Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL>
> Subject:      Re: the "pimp" chronicles (UNCLASSIFIED)
>
> Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE
>

> > When she broached this possibility to her pimp,
> > he . . . made himself a pimp stick (a wire coathanger
> > flattened out and wrapped in a cloth napkin) and proceeded to
> > whip the living shit out of her with it.
>
> It looks like, in addition to Wilson's definition (which is supported by
> a number of Google Books cites), a pimp stick can be a cigarette, a
> cigarette holder, or a pimp cane (in which case it may also be called a
> "pimping stick").
> Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE

-----