bogart (v.) = 'wet butt'

Wed Feb 13 00:06:46 UTC 2008

See Jonothon Green's CASSELL'S DICTIONARY OF SLANG: "BOGART A JOINT v. 1 :
[1960s+] to salivate on a cannabis cigarette." You can find the whole cite on
Google Books.

See also Tony Thorne, DICTONARY OF CONTEMPORARY SLANG (1990) "b to make the
end of a cigarette or joint wet and mushy while smoking it." I THINK this is a
part of the definition for BOGART, though I can't be sure because Google Books
only gives a sliver of the definition--without actually reproducing the
headword.

At any rate, both of these correspond to my memory of the use of "bogard" or
"bogart" from the mid-1950s (Iowa).

The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy
Awards. Go to AOL Music.