"Superdelegate" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wed Feb 13 16:57:04 UTC 2008

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

And slightly earlier:

Michael Dobbs, 'Political Earthquake' Washington Post, The (DC) - July
23, 1981 p. A1 (in reference to Polish politics)
"The tone of the debate was reflected in the speech of a railway worker
who got up to complain about what he described as "the system of
delegates and superdelegates , of mandates and supermandates." "

And way earlier:
Edmond Taylor "King and Queen Give Party; Envoys Dazzled" Chicago Daily
Tribune; Jun 18, 1933;  p. 1
"Delegates, super-delegates, sub-delegates, experts, and their wives all
put on their top hats, their cutaway coats, their gates-ajar collars and
their floweriest aftertnoon gowns and made their way today to Windsor
Castle, where King George and Queen Mary were hosts at a garden party in
honour of the delegations to the conference."