Half a pair of buttoxes

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 14 18:09:51 UTC 2008

Q. How did the Little Moron get on the streetcar free?

A. He said, "My middle name is 'Crime' and crime does not pay."

When I was a pre-adolescent, I considered that to be the funniest joke
that I had ever heard. The next time that I laughed so hard, it was
about 35 years later and I was stoned out of my mind.

-Wilson

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Dennis R. Preston <preston at msu.edu> wrote:
>  Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>  Poster:       "Dennis R. Preston" <preston at MSU.EDU>
>
> Subject:      Re: Half a pair of buttoxes
>
>  Why go for them French guys when there are good examples in AmerEng?
>  If you are as old as me Or close to it), you will remember the
>  politically incorrect "Little Moron" jokes. One went like this:
>
>  Q: Why did the Little Moron saw his toilet seat in two?
>
>  A: 'Cause he heard his half-assed relatives were coming to town.
>
>  Sigh! Our lost humor.
>
>  dInIs
>

>  >---------------------- Information from the mail header
>  >-----------------------
>  >Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>  >Poster:       Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM>
>  >Subject:      Re: Half a pair of buttoxes
>  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  >
>  >Why, yes.  Did you think my proscriptivist decrees arbitrary?
>  >
>  >   JL
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >Charles Doyle <cdoyle at UGA.EDU> wrote:
>  >   ---------------------- Information from the mail header
>  >-----------------------
>  >Sender: American Dialect Society
>  >Poster: Charles Doyle