duel roll

Sat Feb 16 03:52:54 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 8:22 PM, JAMES A. LANDAU
<JJJRLandau at netscape.com> wrote:

> A Web news page, which I cannot locate again, had the phrase "duel roll" for "dual role".
>
> You don't often see double-malaprops like the above.

Was it this one, perhaps?

-----
http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/02/15/buying-superdelegates/
A form of campaign payola has been noticed by a Washington, D.C.
think-tank. According to the Center for Responsive Politics (CRP), the
campaigns of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have pumped $890,000
into the campaign coffers of elected delegates who have a duel-roll as
Democratic elected officials.
-----

--Ben Zimmer