does anyone need another example of positive ANYMORE?

James Harbeck jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA
Sat Feb 16 05:17:13 UTC 2008

>Am not aware the Lone Ranger ever killed Indians.  Please provide details.

No idea. I never watched it. If he didn't, he was nearly sui generis
in that respect among western heroes, wasn't he? At least in the US.
In Canada, we signed treaties with them and then cheated them out of
much of it, without all the gun-happiness. And in more recent times
social conditions on Canadian reserves are, in many cases, such that
no further outside assistance is needed for the population to be
nearly decimated* even by the age of majority, mainly through suicide
or alcohol-related accidents.

*using it in the sense that some people keep insisting is the only
correct sense, of course

James Harbeck.