dialects and languages

Sat Feb 23 02:42:38 UTC 2008

One more item occurred to me that might be confounding this issue. It
might be that her husband is a linguist in the sense that he
speaks/studies more than one language and is not actually familiar with
linguistics. It is very common in the translation/interpretation
industry to refer to translators and interpreters as linguists. BB