Way OT: A Pair of Fruits

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Wed Feb 27 05:06:13 UTC 2008

I just happened to notice, on a story from Washington
in today's NY Times ("Bush Cool to States' Call for
Public Works Projects," on the lede US page) that that
newspaper has another fruity reporter in the capital.
The first, R.W. Apple, is, alas, no longer with us.
Robert Pear may have been there (in DC, and at the
Times) for a goodly while, but I just noticed the
biologic similarity in the names. What are the odds
of two similarly-based reporters being named after
(or the same as), say, vegetables?
dh