de-served "hot corn"

James Harbeck jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA
Sat Jan 5 00:45:08 UTC 2008

This is no response, but you might find it amusing. It's from a
letter in response to a column by Richard Lederer in a magazine of
which I have a copy:

----
Although I loved Richard Lederer's light-hearted look at heteronyms,
I find it necessary to point out a couple of issues with the article.
[...] and "His just deserts..." (oops again, should be "desserts" in
that context, which would fail to meet the requirement of heteronyms.)
----

This is in a publication that one expects to have reasonably
well-educated readers who pride themselves on being right about
things (NOT editors, however). I await the responses in the next
issue...

James Harbeck.