hackleschmackle

Erik Hoover grinchy at GRINCHY.COM
Sat Jan 5 20:21:51 UTC 2008

My messages are coming out of order, I only see the RE: part of this
thread, so I don't know what sort of speakers are using
hackleshmackle, but my wife's maternal grandmother [German parents,
lifelong New Jersey resident] used an expression that I would write
out as 'schlachmachel'.

With my limited and somewhat formal German, I interpreted this as
'badly done' cf. schlecht+machen