FW: Politiquera, Pachanga, Palanca (OED? DARE? Double-Tongued? Anywhere?)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 15 15:44:33 UTC 2008

The OED Online reads:

"Oxford English Dictionary
pachanga, n.
[pachanga (1955-44 _in_ the title of a song by Eduardo Davidson
(1929-44), Cuban composer ...]"

Is this a typo? I'm holding the recording in my hand and the title
_is_ "Pachanga." Or am I misunderstanding OED-ese, it being the case
that, logically, "Pachanga" *is* _in_ the title of the song.

-Wilson

On Jan 7, 2008 10:34 AM, Cohen, Gerald Leonard <gcohen at mst.edu> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       "Cohen, Gerald Leonard" <gcohen at MST.EDU>
> Subject:      FW: Politiquera, Pachanga, Palanca (OED? DARE? Double-Tongued?
>               Anywhere?)
>
> Barry sent the message below to a select group of ads-lers.  I now forward it to the entire list.
>
> Gerald Cohen

-----
                                              -Sam'l Clemens