English words beginning with <j> pronounced [Z]?

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 22 22:54:14 UTC 2008

> The five most common transcription systems are given here:
> http://www.blahedo.org/ascii-ipa.html

Thanks for this site.
Which of the five does the US Government use?  I know the VOA uses none of these.  I call their type of phonetic spelling VOAspel.  No one has given me another name for it.

See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.