Third person neutral pronoun!

Wed Jan 23 14:58:57 UTC 2008

Serendipitously, Tom Zurinskas has led us to an
obvious neutral third person pronoun, one that we've
heard used for years.  But it just now registered with
me!  On Don Blaheta's web page on phonetic alphabets,
linked through Tom's e-mail, Don writes "...e will
specify what scheme e's using to transcribe it to
ASCII."  Some speakers of English have been using this
neutral "e" for years; why have the rest of us been so
blind and deaf to it?

                               |or slowly and cautiously.

Be a better friend, newshound, and