Serenity Prayer in Yale Alumni Magazine

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Sat Jul 12 13:42:25 UTC 2008

I apologize if I don't answer all of the "Serenity Prayer" postings on this list, but right now I'm at a conference in Portland, Oregon with limited access to e-mail.   The Yale Alumni Magazine has posted my article about the SP and the response to it by Reinhold Niebuhr's daughter:

http://www.yalealumnimagazine.com/issues/2008_07/serenity.html#newevidence

This presents my position much more fully and carefully than the New York Times article or the Reuters article.  I would be interested in any feedback from members of this list as to how compelling or not compelling my arguments are and Elizabeth Sifton's arguments are.  Such feedback will help me in answering any future press inquiries.

ADS-Lers will see that the research techniques I use in addressing the Serenity Prayer origins are the same that I and others on this list have used in researching word origins.

Fred Shapiro