Who's diddling and how?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Jul 16 17:35:17 UTC 2008

At 7/16/2008 01:24 PM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:

>To return to the original query.
>
>Try this X-rated thought experiment on your wise-ass students (18
>and over only, please!).

An insufficient poll, due to one limitation in its wording.

Imagine you're walking along an isolated forest path. You turn a
corner and discover, to your surprise, a naked couple "doing it" in
some semblance of a female on top position.  Now imagine that "X" in
the following sentences stands for the "f-word."  Which of the
following exclamations is most likely to be produced by your brain?
(No other exclamation allowed for the present purpose.):

A. "Omigod! They're Xing!"
B. "Omigod! He's Xing her!"
C. "Omigod! She's Xing him!"

I wonder if C would move up past B, or perhaps -- depending on how
religiously fundamentalist the thinker is -- even past A.

Joel