To "maggie"

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Sun Jul 20 01:00:40 UTC 2008

I am all too aware of the problem requiring this fix, but I'd never
heard this term. So. . . when you cited it, I went in search of more
info. Here, for anyone who cares, is a detailed run-down on the fix
AND a citation on the fix name's origin:

It appears the same source can be a wonderful, um, source of lots more
helpful Word-related fixes, too. I know _I_ will be doing some reading
on that site.

Poster:       "Joel S. Berson" <Berson at ATT.NET>
Subject:      To "maggie"

Do we-all know this?

>Maggie is an eponymous term for a procedure devised to clean up a corrupted
>file in Word.
>One *copies* the whole file, except for the last paragraph  mark into a new
>Alternatively, one can apply the procedure to an individual paragraph, and
>then paste it back into the original file.
>I do not wish to sound omniscient, but learned it from the Word-PC list.


The American Dialect Society -

More information about the Ads-l mailing list