You say sommelier, I say barista

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Mon Jul 21 03:05:25 UTC 2008

And 'server' is so much simpler still.

(Many a 'server' has provided me credible coffee at a fraction
the price of Starbucks' simplest (and truly no better) offering.
I never encountered a 'barista' before Starbucks, and don't like
patronizing them because of the patronizing (we-know-better-than-
you-about-coffee) attitude that is Starbucks whole schtick.)
dh

>The word sommelier, of course, now refers not just to wine, but
>espresso (and perhaps other things as well).

So "barista" is out?  It's much easier to pronounce.

Joel