preplan (was: As A Metaphor, It's Maybe a 3-and-a-Half)

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 23 13:39:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 8:00 AM, Doug Harris <cats22 at frontiernet.net> wrote:
>Postplan = debrief
>dh

Not always. Add to Charlie's list 13 confirmed Googits (of 16 raw) for
"postplanned" (at end of message). They seem to come mostly from
economics, with some from teaching (like Charlie's quote), medicine,
criminal justice, ... and linguistics! (Prosodic Phrasing in
Spontaneous Swedish: How are postplanned additions incorporated into
the. preceding speech?)

[Doug quoting Charles Doyle]

> "Preplan" (or "pre-plan") has always struck me as redundant, but it's well
> attested and at least as old as the 19th century, the OED shows.
>
> To be symmetrical, the local school district here holds "postplanning"
> sessions for teachers at the end of the school year. The OED does not record
> that term. "Postplan" gets 3,670 raw Google hits (123 in Google Books),
> "postplanning" 1,540 raw Google hits (113 in Google Books). I don't know how
> to search "pre-plan" or "pre-planning" effectively.
>
> --Charlie

NCJRS Abstract - National Criminal Justice Reference Service
FOR POSTPLANNED DESIGNS, DATA COLLECTION IS LESS COSTLY, DANGER OF
INFLUENCING PROGRAM OPERATION IS MINIMAL, AND PERSONNEL ARE NOT AS
THREATENED. ...
www.ncjrs.gov/App/publications/Abstract.aspx?id=54797

NCJRS Abstract - National Criminal Justice Reference Service
Abstract: POSTEVALUATION DETERMINATIONS OF A PROGRAM'S
GENERALIZABILITY ARE POSSIBLE, WHETHER THE EVALUATION WAS PREPLANNED
OR POSTPLANNED. ...
www.ncjrs.gov/App/Publications/abstract.aspx?ID=67442

JSTOR: New Entrants in Soviet Foreign Trade: Behaviour Patterns ...
Apparently, the practice of a postplanned economy provides evidence of
the ... It means that, in contrast to typical CPEs, in a postplanned
economy some ...
links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0038-5859(1991)43%3A5%3C823%3ANEISFT%3E2.0.CO%3B2-G

Ekonomika i matematicheskie metody, 2000, v.36, No.1,2,3,4: Abstracts
In conclusion, it is shown that the first case is peculiar to a
postplanned economy and the second - to a market one. Solntsev V.N.,
Kholodilin K.A. ...
www.cemi.rssi.ru/emm/abs-e36.htm

Macmillan: Privatisation and Structural Change in Transition ...
... SelfEvaluation of Privatisation--J.Kornai * Lessons from the
Experience of Privatisation in Postplanned Economies--W.Andreff *
Privatisation Methods and ...
us.macmillan.com/privatisationandstructuralchangeintransitioneconomies -

Microwave hepatic ablation: Initial experience of safety and efficacy
Assuming a postplanned treatment dropout of 10%,. the sample size
required for this study was estimated to. be at least 20 patients. ...
doi.wiley.com/10.1002/jso.20750

Assessment of symptom experience in patients undergoing hepatic ...
Assuming a postplanned treatment drop-out rate of. 20% because of
death or noncompliance, we estimated. that the sample size required
for this study was at ...
doi.wiley.com/10.1002/cncr.22297

Heterogeneity corrections should be used in treatment planning for ...
Accordingly, national clinical protocols have wisely examined the
effect of corrections in a postplanned manner, where corrections are
applied using ...
link.aip.org/link/?MPHYA6/27/1702/1

[PDF]
172 References Anderson, A., Basilevsky, A., & Hum, D. (1983 ...
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
Postplanning – Teachers postplanned based on. the performance of the
class as a whole. Instruction. Schumm, J. &. Vaughn, S. (1991). To
determine teachers' ...
scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/available/etd-12052003-131019/unrestricted/References&appendices.PDF

General Education Teacher Planning: What Can Students with ...
Lynette postplanned a different approach for reteaching a lesson to
the entire group if more than one third of the students did not
understand. ...
www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&se=gglsc&d=5000266295&er=deny -

Systematic Approach
postplanned evaluations. may. sometimes. be. pre-. ferred to.
preplanned evaluations. Despite the obvious. ad-. vantages. of. being
less obtrusive. and less ...
ieeexplore.ieee.org/iel5/21/4310266/04310275.pdf?isnumber=4310266&prod=JNL&arnumber=4310275&a...
-

[PDF]
Prosodic Phrasing in Spontaneous Swedish
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
How are postplanned additions incorporated into the. preceding speech?
.... terminated topic to be postplanned additions, in many cases an
adjunct element ...
www.lub.lu.se/luft/diss/hum_232/hum_232.pdf

[PDF]
CHAPTER 5
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
corrections in a postplanned manner, where corrections are applied
using water-based monitor. units and uncorrected beam weights. ...
www.dgmp.de/Controversies_in_Med_Phys_AAPM_2008%20.pdf -

--
Mark Mandel