Rare support for multilingualism

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Jul 24 00:49:57 UTC 2008

Dennis,

How about an encouraging article on the Web of Language about
*support* for multilingualism?  "Mayor [Bloomburg] Orders New York to
Expand Language Help", NYTimes July 23, New England Edition A20 col. 5, or at
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/23/nyregion/23translate.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=mayor%20expand%20language%20help&st=cse&oref=slogin

The major is quoted as saying "If people don't know what we do, don't
know what they should do, what the law requires them to do, don't
know how to get services, all the money that we're spending providing
those services, providing those laws, is meaningless."

Joel