"saditty" (snobbish) from "Saturday"?

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 28 15:20:46 UTC 2008

I hear ~sadidee for "saturday" quite a bit.  I don't think anybody says the "t" (in "sat...") but rather swaps it for "d".  I don't know how prevelant the ~ee for "ay" swap is.

I talked to a leading dictionary writer about expressing the "d" for "t" swap (as in "butter" ~buder) as well as the glottal stop for many ending "t"s (expressing "that" as ~tha') in his pronunciation guide if only as an alternative pronunciation.  He said "people would not like it."  I've done it however in my dictionary, truespel book 3.  Don't know of any others that have done it.  I think many are primary not secondary pronunciations.

See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.

http://www.windowslive.com/mobile/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_mobile_072008