Re: [ADS-L] "12 ste p" as a verb

Tue Jun 3 15:01:58 UTC 2008

In a message dated 6/3/08 10:23:02 AM, aandrea1234 at GMAIL.COM writes:

> However, I've only heard "twelve-stepping" used
> as a verb without the object, as in, "I've been twelve-stepping for
> three years now."  The meaning is to work the steps, to be in
> recovery, etc.

One can certainly get the {-ing} + Direct Object form, e.g., "I've been
12-stepping other drunks for three years now" or "It is tricky 12-stepping people
you are sexually attracted to."

If you are interested in antgedatings, probably the place to look is in the
archives of the AA magazine, THE GRAPEVINE.

Get trade secrets for
amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.