More Newspapers Being Digitized (UNCLASSIFIED)

Sam Clements SClements at NEO.RR.COM
Wed Jun 4 03:36:43 UTC 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barnhart" <barnhart at HIGHLANDS.COM>
> Dear Bill,
>
> You might check out the local or county library system.  In Dutchess
> County (New York), if you have a library card from a local library you can
> search ProQuest.
> Regards,
> David B

David,

Do you mean that a resident of Dutchess County(NY) has access to more than
the usual Historical NYTimes?  Just what Proquest Historical Newspapers can
you access?

I think Bill and I, and probably a few hundred other researchers, are
lamenting the loss of access, through SABR, to all of the Historical
electronic databases that were offered by Proquest.  This runs to 15 or more
titles, including Black newspapers.

Sam Clements