polling sample: "Democrat party" (UNCLASSIFIED)

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Wed Jun 4 15:26:22 UTC 2008

From:    Greg Pulliam <pulliam at IIT.EDU>

> No, it isn't circular. Committed, long-term Democrats (as opposed to
> younger ones) know that some Republican hacks consistently use the
> term Democrat Party to associate Democrats with rats and
> bureaucrats...

<mid-sentence snip>

That wasn't the claim, though.

The claim was that the vast majority of Democrats object to the use of
the term "Democrat Party". Saying it's objectionable to long-term
Democrats (a big chunk of Obama's supporters don't count now?!) and
committed Democrats (whatever that might mean) is a different claim.

I'm still suspicious of the changed claim, by the way, just not nearly
as suspicious of it as the original one.

--
David Bowie                               University of Central Florida