Humorous disease names

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 4 20:01:05 UTC 2008

I learned "zorch" in a different sense in the early sixties: the
conventional zigzag symbolization of a lightning bolt, with the zigs
longer than the zags (or vice versa, if you prefer), often used as an
icon for danger of electric shock. I never heard it used widely,
though. The person I learned it from may have been an MIT student.

m a m