[OT] McGuinness/margin in Polish Brooklyn

David Donnell daviddonnell at NYC.RR.COM
Fri Jun 13 22:13:41 UTC 2008

It would seem that "margin" ain't no Polish word...

So then I wonder where "mar-gee-nees" comes from. Perhaps they just
borrowed the English word and applied it to the name McGuinness?...
that seems awfully involved for a gal who barely speaks English...

I may never know.

But thanks!