"Articulated" as Verb

LanDi Liu strangeguitars at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 26 05:56:41 UTC 2008

I don't understand what you think is strange about this.  It's common
enough to be in the Corpus of American English (are we going to call
this CAE, or what?) 15 times (searching term: [articulate] *self).

I don't find it odd in the least.

Randy

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Doug Harris <cats22 at frontiernet.net> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Doug Harris <cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET>
> Subject:      "Articulated" as Verb
>
> When asked today by Oprah why he'd chosen a particular
> girl to be his assistant, Sean Combs, said:
> "I liked the way she articulated herself."
> --
> He dresses a lot better that he articulates.
> dh

Randy Alexander
Jilin City, China
My Manchu studies blog: